If you are charged with an aggravated DUI/DWI offense in Arizona, you face laws that show little leniency. In the attempt to curb drunk driving, prosecutors show little mercy for a repeat DUI offender. Despite any prior convictions, you deserve an attorney to defend you against overzealous prosecutors.
One of the premier criminal defense law firms in Arizona, the Law Offices of Howard A. Snader, LLC provides clients with aggressive representation by a Criminal Law Specialist Certified by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization.
Repeat DUI Offenders Attorney in Phoenix
An aggravated DUI differs from a simple DUI in that it’s charged as a class 4 or 6 felony. Class 4 and 6 felonies carry the possibility of prison time, license revocation, fines, mandatory drug testing and rehabilitation programs, and possible civil forfeiture of your car.
Under Arizona law, you will face a felony charge of aggravated DUI if:
- This is your third drunk driving charge within a five-year period
- You are charged with a DUI while your license was under suspension or revocation for a prior DUI conviction
- You are arrested for DUI with a child under the age of 15 in your vehicle
Penalties for Repeat and Felony Drunk Driving
A DUI is an “enhanceable offense,” meaning that the more convictions you have, the more severe your penalties. If you are facing another DUI charge, contact the Law Offices of Howard A. Snader, LLC to learn more about possible sentencing for a:
- Second Offense DUI: You face a mandatory thirty days imprisonment, fines, a one-year license suspension, and an ignition interlock device.
- Second Offense Extreme DUI: In addition to the penalties for a second offense DUI, you face a mandatory minimum of sixty days in jail.
- Aggravated Drunk Driving: For a felony DUI, you face a mandatory four-month prison sentence, a license revocation, probation from five to ten years, possible vehicle forfeiture, an ignition interlock device, and fines.
As a former Maricopa County prosecutor, defense lawyer Howard Snader will challenge the validity of blood-alcohol concentration tests, field sobriety tests, traffic stops and probable cause for arrests. If there is a defense to your felony DUI, he will find it.
Contact a Phoenix Repeat DUI Offenders Lawyer Today
For aggressive criminal defense by an Arizona Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist, contact the Law Offices of Howard A. Snader. Attorney Snader and his legal team are ready to represent you or your family member.
Call 602-957-3300 or contact me online for an initial consultation to discuss your criminal law matter.