If you face charges of domestic violence and have been told that a restraining order or order of protection will bring minor, short-term inconvenience, you have unfortunately been misinformed. Here are the facts:
- Orders of protection are most often in place for one year and restrict where you can go and what you can do
- Orders of protection can restrict your ability to enter your home and your right to visit your children
- Orders of protection and other penalties following a domestic violence conviction can affect your employment and reputation
In addition, when you have an order of protection in effect against you, you are completely vulnerable to more allegations, even completely fabricated accusations. For example, if the alleged victim of domestic violence claims you knocked on his or her door, courts will take the claim seriously, and more severe consequences can result, regardless of the facts.
Restraining Order Attorney in Phoenix
If you face domestic violence charges, contact attorney Howard Snader of the Law Offices of Howard A. Snader, LLC. Mr. Snader is an experienced domestic violence defense lawyer, whose credentials and experience include:
- Certified criminal law specialist, certified by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization
- Thousands of criminal cases and hundreds of domestic violence handled
- Former prosecutor for Maricopa County
We can help you navigate the justice system and provide aggressive restraining order defense. We are skilled and knowledgeable in fighting your charges at all steps of the criminal process.
We can work to secure additional testimony from your accuser, which often results in contradictory stories and a stronger defense. We can force your accuser to take time off from work to testify in court, which can lead to increased cooperation. And we work fast — a recent client was barred from seeing her 10-day-old baby after a minor domestic altercation. We were able to help her enter her home and care for her infant in five days.
Contact a Phoenix Restraining Order Lawyer Today
If you have questions regarding restraining orders, orders of protection and violations of restraining orders, contact the Law Offices of Howard A. Snader, LLC. We offer free initial phone consultations, work with Spanish translators, are available for evening and weekend consultations and are conveniently located in Scottsdale and Phoenix.
Call 602-957-3300 or contact me online for an initial consultation to discuss your criminal law matter.